Randall William Collins
Collins, circa 2014
- Missing Since 04/05/2014
- Missing From Richmond, Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and blue denim shorts.
- Medical Conditions Collins suffers from seizures, which require medication to control. Alcohol consumption makes it more likely that he will have a seizure.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Collins has tattoos on both hands and a tattoo of his first name "Randall" on his right arm.
Details of Disappearance
Collins was last seen in Richmond, Virginia late at night on April 5, 2014, after leaving the Canal Club in the 1500 block of Cary Street in Shockoe Bottom. There were unconfirmed reports that he either walked towards the Church Hill district in Richmond, or got into a vehicle with two African-American males. He has never been heard from again.
Bloodhounds later traced his scent from the Canal Club to the edge of the Kanawha Canal near 21st and Dock Streets; it runs beneath Interstate 95. Investigators drained the canal almost dry, but found no evidence in Collins's disappearance. A month after he disappeared, a jogger saw a body floating in the canal, but it turned out to be someone else.
Collins lived in the 1500 block of north 20th Street in Richmond at the time he went missing. His loved ones stated it's uncharacteristic of him to go without contacting them. It's possible had a seizure and become disoriented on the night of his disappearance. There is no evidence of foul play in his case, but it remains unsolved.
- Richmond City Police Department
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 11, 2022; picture added.