Randy Charles Spring
Spring, circa 1988; Age-progression to an unknown age
- Missing Since 10/10/1988
- Missing From Whitewater, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/25/1960 (63)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Camouflage-print pants, a dark blue t-shirt, and an army-green jacket. Carrying an army-green backpack with some food in Tupperware containers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, green eyes. Spring has some acne.
Details of Disappearance
Spring was last seen when he was dropped off by a family member in the vicinity of Tipton Road and White Water Road in Whitewater, California at 6:30 a.m. on October 10, 1988. He said he was going hiking and camping for a few days and would hitchhike back home or call his family for a ride.
There was a possible sighting of Spring between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. on the day of his disappearance at the base of the San Jacinto mountains, but he has not been seen since then. An extensive search of the surrounding area turned up no sign of him.
Spring was trained for survival when he was in the United States Army. He worked for the California Department of Forestry at the time of his disappearance, and was also a volunteer firefighter with the Bostonia, California Fire Department. He was interested in a career as a firefighter and had completed his training in that area. His case remains unsolved.
- Riverside County Sheriff's Department
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 12, 2009; details of disappearance updated.