Rashell Elizabeth Hammond
Hammond, circa 2019; Some of Hammond's tattoos
- Missing Since 08/15/2019
- Missing From Mosca, Colorado
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/15/1988 (34)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black tank top, khaki shorts, black Nike shoes and a silver barbell in her nose.
- Medical Conditions Hammond suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and has been prescribed medication for her conditions. She left her medicine behind.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Black hair, brown eyes. Hammond's nose is pierced. She has numerous tattoos, including the phrase "Live Like a Lion" on her upper chest, a star behind her ear, a skull on the back of her wrist, stars on the inside of her forearm, a cat with a bong on her shoulder, and other tattoos. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary. Hammond's nickname is Ray. Her hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance. She is of Cherokee descent.
Details of Disappearance
Hammond was last seen walking away from her Mosca, Colorado home on August 15, 2019. She left all her belongings behind, including her phone, identification, medication, car. computer, tools and pet dog, and has never been heard from again.
Hammond had only been living in the area for about three weeks prior to her disappearance; she had previously lived in the Columbus, Ohio area. She may be homeless. Although police can find little evidence as to her fate, her mother believes she did not leave of her own accord and may have been a human trafficking victim. Her case remains unsolved.
- Alamosa County Sheriff's Office 719-589-6608
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 12, 2021; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.