Raymond Dean Shurtz
Shurtz, circa 2005
- Missing Since 11/26/2005
- Missing From Fillmore, Utah
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/21/1931 (91)
- Age 74 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1 - 6'2, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black jacket, Levi's jeans, a cowboy belt with a buckle, white sneakers and an orange cap with "Conoco" written on it.
- Medical Conditions Shurtz suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and internal bleeding.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Green 1996 Ford Ranger pickup truck with Utah license plates numbered 334YFZ (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, green eyes. Shurtz goes by his middle name, Dean. He wears wire-framed eyeglasses and an upper denture plate, and he has a cyst on his right hand between his fingers.
Details of Disappearance
Shurtz was last seen in Fillmore, Utah on November 26, 2005. He was issued a citation for driving the wrong direction on the freeway. He was driving a green 1996 Ford Ranger pickup truck with Utah license plates numbered 334YFZ at the time. He has never been heard from again.
On December 1, 2005, Shurtz's vehicle was located off Interstate 15 in the Valley of Fire State Park, near Las Vegas, Nevada. There was no sign of him at the scene. Witnesses reported seeing the vehicle at the same location on November 28, the day Shurtz was last seen. He may have gotten a ride with another individual.
Authorities believe Shurtz may be in Escalante, Utah; Boulder, Utah; or Arizona. His case remains unsolved. He resided in Cedar City, Utah in 2005; that city's police are investigating his disappearance.
- Cedar City Police Department
- Garfield County Sheriff's Office
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 20, 2020; picture added, details of disappearance updated.