Rebekah Noel Bramel
Bramel, circa 2007
- Missing Since 04/30/2007
- Missing From Portland, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/09/1981 (42)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions Bramel's behavior was erratic in the months prior to her disappearance; she began drinking heavily, accumulating a lot of credit card debt and staying up all night talking about grandiose plans she had. Her sister and boyfriend believe she may have suffered from undiagnosed bipolar disorder. She was not, apparently, a danger to others, but her boyfriend believes she was a danger to herself.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Bramel has a red mark on her nose and forehead. She has the following tattoos: a Celtic knot on her lower back, a black line on both legs, a green tree on her back, the word "Lucky" on her left leg and the word "Girl" on her right leg. Her nickname is Beck.
Details of Disappearance
Bramel was last seen at her mother's residence in Portland, Oregon on April 30, 2007. She may have been sighted in the Eugene/Springfield area of Oregon in early May, but that hasn't been confirmed.
In early May, the vehicle she'd borrowed from a friend was found five miles up an isolated logging road road between Deerhorn and Goodpasture Roads, in a rural area east of Springfield. The vehicle had a flat tire and the gas tank was empty, and the contents of Bramel's wallet were laid out on the dashboard, including the cigarette case she cherished. There was no sign of Bramel at the scene. She had previously visited the area with her boyfriend, but she has no relatives living there and authorities don't know why she would go there again.
Authorities believe Bramel probably died somewhere in the same area where her car was found. Her boyfriend thinks she may have deliberately chosen to hide in the forest and die. Her case remains unsolved.
- Portland Police Bureau
- Lane County Sheriff's Office
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 1, 2021; medical conditions added, details of disappearance updated.