Regina Marie Bos
Bos, circa 2000
- Missing Since 10/17/2000
- Missing From Lincoln, Nebraska
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/04/1959 (63)
- Age 40 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 105 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved black shirt, fitted black pants and ankle-high black boots.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Auburn hair, brown eyes. Bos has facial freckles, and a tattoo of a small yellow rose on her back. Her ears are pierced multiple times. She wears wire-framed eyeglasses or contact lenses. Bos's nickname is Gina. Her maiden name is Rap and her previous married name is Williams.
Details of Disappearance
Bos arrived at Duggan's Pub on 11th Street and K Street in Lincoln, Nebraska on the evening of October 16, 2000. She is a musician and often participated in Open Mic Nights at the pub.
Witnesses at Duggan's Pub said that Bos was in good spirits during the evening. Her ex-husband saw her there and they spoke for awhile before left at 10:00 p.m. She departed the club at approximately 1:00 a.m. on October 17, telling friends she planned to pick up her boyfriend at his residence and then proceed home to be with her three children for the rest of the night.
Witnesses said that Bos had her guitar and music with her when she left the pub, but it is unclear if she was carrying her purse. Bos never arrived at her boyfriend's home as planned.
Her boyfriend fell asleep waiting for her and when he woke up at midnight, she still hadn't arrived, so he assumed they'd talk in the morning. He woke up a few hours later and paged her multiple times. Bos's pager was at home, and the sound of it going off woke up her children. When they realized she hadn't arrived home, they called their father and their maternal grandparents.
Bos's boyfriend called her children at approximately 6:30 a.m. At 6:38 a.m., he called the police, and her loved ones hired a private investigator to attempt to locate Bos.
Her Saturn was discovered parked across the street from Duggan's Pub later in the day. There was no sign of Bos at the scene, but her guitar and sheet music were inside the trunk, which was slightly open. Bos's purse was not found at the scene.
Bos's loved ones said it was extremely uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her sister describes her as a multi-talented woman and stated she had just gotten a job as a manager at a FedEx Kinko's store in Lincoln, Nebraska. She had been divorced twice, amicably.
Authorities have stated that Bos's disappearance is suspicious. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Lincoln Police Department 402-441-7706
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 28, 2018; details of disappearance updated.