Reina Mendez Marroquin
Reina, circa 2011
- Missing Since 01/01/2011
- Missing From Fort Pierce, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 07/08/1966 (56)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Black pants, black sneakers, a gold chain with a leaf pendant, and a black polo Kentucky Fried Chicken uniform shirt with two white stripes down the arms, a label reading "The original, the original" on the front and a label reading "Kentucky Fried Chicken" on the back.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray 1992 Plymouth Voyager van with the Florida license plate number K01BV (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Reina was last seen leaving work in Fort Pierce, Florida shortly after midnight on January 1, 2011. She got into a gray 1992 Plymouth Voyager van with the Florida license plate number K01BV, driven by Rene Jose Marroquin; it was he who drove her to and from work. (Although they have the same surname, Rene is not a relative of Reina; he is her daughter's estranged boyfriend or husband.)
Reina has never been heard from again and she never picked up her last paycheck from work. The gray van Rene drove was found in the 300 block of Gardenia Avenue in Fort Pierce a few days later. It was parked at the home of one of Rene's friends, and its license plate had been switched for another, expired plate.
Authorities stated Rene had been violent toward Reina and she wanted him out of her life and her daughter's life. He disappeared at the same time as Reina and was wanted for questioning about her disappearance. Investigators consider him a person of interest in her disappearance. They believe Rene may have gone to the San Antonio, Texas area.
Reina's whereabouts are unknown and her case remains unsolved. Her disappearance is considered suspicious.
- Port St. Lucie Police Department 772-873-6518
- Fort Pierce Police Department 772-468-1805
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 6, 2011; casefile added.