Yanez, circa 1993
- Missing Since 02/10/1993
- Missing From San Gabriel, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 04/10/1971 (51)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark brown leather jacket, a long-sleeved navy blue sweatshirt, brown jeans, a "USC" baseball cap, maroon roper boots and a gold neck chain.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Yanez has a half-inch scar on his forehead. He is a native of Mexico.
Details of Disappearance
Yanez was last seen in San Gabriel, California on February 10, 1993. At 9:30 p.m., he left Darlington Stables with his white pit bull terrier, Queen, riding a gray mare named La Mora. Yanez planned to go on a nighttime ride along San Gabriel River. He was an experienced rider who competed in rodeos. He was familiar with the area and had gone on nighttime rides there before.
Yanez never returned from his ride. The next day, Queen and La Mora returned to the stables without him. The horse's saddle was askew and the saddle blanket was soaking wet. Dogs tracked Yanez's scent to a spot between the Whittier Narrows Dam and San Gabriel Boulevard, but an extensive search over a seven-mile-square area turned up no sign of him.
Yanez was born in Mexico and moved to the United States at the age of four. He was raised in Rosemead, California and lived there with his wife and infant son at the time of his disappearance. He was unemployed at the time of his disappearance, but had worked as a landscaper. He has an older sister and two older brothers, and his family said he had loved animals since he was a child. His case remains unsolved.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department 213-890-5500
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 21, 2012; clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.