Richard Alan Byhre
Byhre, circa 2015; Byhre's boat, the Princess
- Missing Since 02/10/2015
- Missing From San Diego, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/02/1938 (84)
- Age 76 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'9, 210 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white long-sleeved shirt and khaki shorts.
- Medical Conditions Byhre is hearing-impaired.
- Associated Vehicle(s) A 28-foot sailboat called the Princess with a deep blue hull and a white stripe near the bottom
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. White hair, blue eyes. Byhre had a mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Byhre was last seen in San Diego, California on February 10, 2015. He took his 28-foot sailboat, the Princess, out from the Southwestern Yacht Club on Shelter Island, never returned and has never been heard from again. A photo of the Princess is posted with this case summary; it has a deep blue hull with a white stripe near the bottom.
An extensive search turned up no indication of either Byhre or the boat. He normally takes one-day trips and enjoys whale watching. Due to his hearing impairment, he doesn't own a cellular phone; while on trips, he would normally communicate with his wife of 34 years via email on a tablet he took with him. His case remains unsolved.
- San Diego Police Department 619-531-2844
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 22, 2019; casefile added.