Alicea, circa 2009
- Missing Since 12/12/2009
- Missing From Miami, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 09/16/1979 (43)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 225 - 240 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white long-sleeved button-down shirt, khaki shorts and sandals.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White center-console Key Largo boat with a green-blue stripe, one outboard engine and a foam-injected hull
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Alicea had a goatee at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Alicea was last seen leaving Haulover Beach Marina in Miami, Florida on December 12, 2009. He and Edwin Pritchard were planning to travel by boat to Bimini, a chain of islands about fifty miles from Miami, which is part of the Bahamas. They were traveling in a white center-console Key Largo boat with a green-blue stripe, one outboard engine and a foam-injected hull. They were never seen or heard from again.
Alicea and Pritchard had made successfully the trip to Bimini before in the same boat, but on the day of their disappearances there was a small craft warning in effect, with choppy seas and winds between 32 and 63 miles per hour. It's unclear whether they were aware of this. An extensive search by the Coast Guard, covering 47,000 miles over the course of six days, turned up nothing.
Parts of a boat matching the description of Alicea and Pritchard's vessel were found on a small, uninhabited island in the Bahamas, but there was no sign of either of the missing men. They are presumed lost at sea.
- Miami-Dade Police Department 305-715-3300
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 5, 2021; casefile added.