Richard Eugene Dale Hitchcock
Hitchcock, circa 1990
- Missing Since 12/22/1990
- Missing From Allegan, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/16/1969 (53)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black t-shirt with the phrase "Dangerous Toys" on it, a brown leather bomber jacket, Union Bay jeans and Nike sneakers with a purple swoosh.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, blue eyes. Hitchcock's nicknames are Ricky (sometimes spelled "Rickie"), Ritchie and McRitchie. He may have scars on his fingertips, a surgical scar on his nose and a scar on his shin, and he has a skin graft scar on his right hip. Hitchcock normally wears contact lenses, but he didn't have them in at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Hitchcock was last seen leaving the Riverfront Lounge on Water Street in Allegan, Michigan at 2:30 a.m. on December 22, 1990. After departing the building, he climbed over an eight-foot fence topped with barbed wire, which was near the Kalamazoo River. He has never been heard from again.
A few days later, his car was impounded in a nearby parking lot. It had Christmas presents inside it. Hitchcock wasn't reported missing until December 28. He was carrying a clear epoxy keychain with a scorpion molded inside at the time of his disappearance; it has never been found.
Authorities conducted an extensive search of the Kalamazoo River, but they didn't find anything and concluded Hitchcock wasn't there. He never picked up his last paycheck from his job. His cousin believes he may have been murdered. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Allegan County Sheriff's Department
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 30, 2018; two pictures added.