Richard James Estrada
Estrada, circa 2000
- Missing Since 05/05/2000
- Missing From Naples, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 02/18/1962 (61)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 180 - 190 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Blue two-door 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado with the Florida license plates number D70AZ
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Black hair, brown eyes. Estrada has scars on his chest, right finger and right arm, and a tattoo on his left hand. He may use the alias first names Richardo, Ricardo, Tony, Antonio, and/or Joe, and the alias last name Perez. His date of birth is either February 18 or February 19, 1962.
Details of Disappearance
Estrada was last seen at 11:30 a.m. on May 5, 2000, leaving the Hibiscus Golf Club in Naples, Florida. He worked there as a pin hooker. He did not show up for work the next day; he also did not collect his paycheck.
Estrada's vehicle, a blue two-door 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado with the Florida license plates number D70AZ, is also missing. His loved ones say he would not be likely to loan his car to anyone. He was close to his relatives and visited them every weekend. He was considered a reliable employee in 2000 and had no problems with drugs, alcohol, or gambling.
He resided in the 5500 block of Laurel Ridge Street at the time of his disappearance. Three days after he went missing, his house burned down. It is unclear whether the fire was related to his case.
Estrada was not reported missing until June 29, almost two months after his disappearance, because of a miscommunication among his relatives. He is unmarried and has a grown son who lives in Texas. Authorities call Estrada's disappearance suspicious; they do not believe he left voluntarily. His case remains unsolved.
- Collier County Sheriff's Office 941-793-9300
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 21, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.