Riley Floyd Thomas
Riley, circa 2000
- Missing Since 01/31/2000
- Missing From Lufkin, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/11/1923 (99)
- Age 76 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 265 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white gold watch and a mason's ring.
- Medical Conditions Riley suffers from congestive heart failure and Parkinson's Disease. He was homebound as a result of his conditions.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Riley has scars on both of his knees.
Details of Disappearance
Riley's son, Richard Floyd Thomas, told authorities that he dropped his father off at a bus station in Lufkin, Texas on January 31, 2000. Riley was scheduled to travel to Houston, Texas and transfer buses in Port Arthur, Texas. He never arrived as planned and has not been heard from again.
His ex-daughter-in-law reported him as a missing person on April 6, 2000, more than two months after he was last seen. He may have traveled to Louisiana or Oklahoma.
Richard Thomas moved to Oklahoma around the time of his father's disappearance. He was later convicted of forging his father's name to cash checks on Riley's bank accounts, and is considered a suspect in his father's disappearance.
Riley is presumed deceased and foul play is suspected, but his body has never been found. He is a retired correctional officer.
- Angelina County Sheriff's Office 936-634-3331
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 27, 2013; picture added, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.