Rita Marie Shaw
Shaw, circa 2011
- Missing Since 04/01/2011
- Missing From New Orleans, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 07/22/1966 (56)
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 220 pounds
- Medical Conditions Shaw suffers from schizophrenia and requires medication to control it. When not taking her medication, she would often self-medicate with alcohol and drugs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Shaw may wear a wig and her right wrist may be fractured. She has a scar on her back and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Shaw was last seen in the 4700 block of Cerise Street in New Orleans, Louisiana on April 1, 2011. She has never been heard from again. Her boyfriend was the last person to see her. He is not considered a suspect in her case and he died three years after she was last seen; he was murdered in the same area that he and Shaw would often spend their time.
Shaw's family believes she may be dead. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.
- New Orleans Police Department 504-658-6077
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 2, 2021; medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.