Robert Allen Dale Jr.
Dale, circa 1996
- Missing Since 05/18/1996
- Missing From Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/03/1962 (60)
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A bright yellow polo shirt, black dress pants or black jeans, and deck shoes, possibly with lug soles.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Dale's nickname is Bob. He has dimples and a mustache.
Details of Disappearance
Dale was last seen in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan on May 18, 1996. That day he attended a wedding reception with his wife, and afterward multiple witnesses saw them driving their van northbound on 6 Mile Road at 11:15 p.m. They were en route to the Downtowner Bar, where many of the reception attendees went after the event was over. Dale very intoxicated and passed out in the van prior to heading downtown.
There was a reported sighting of him behind the Downtown Bar a little later, between 11:30 p.m. and midnight. Many accounts state he was last seen behind the bar, but his family doubts this; only one witness reported seeing him downtown, and that witness later recanted their statement.
Dale was employed as a carpenter at Chi-Chuk Construction at the time of his disappearance, and has three sons. He is described as a dedicated family man who would not have abandoned his relatives. His wife reported him missing on May 20.
Dale had little money and no credit cards with him at the time he went missing, and there is no evidence that he attempted to hitchhike or take a taxicab out of the area. Authorities do not believe he left of his own accord, and his family suspects foul play was involved in his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.
- Sault Sainte Marie Police Department 906-632-3344
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 19, 2021; details of disappearance updated.