Robert Allen Meredith
Meredith, circa 1979
- Missing Since 01/01/1979
- Missing From Evansville, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/18/1940 (82)
- Age 38 - 39 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1 - 6'2, 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions According to one of his ex-wives, Meredith is an alcoholic and was in poor health at the time of his disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Meredith wears a full set of dentures. He has a tattoo of a Marine Corps bulldog on his left arm, and a tattoo of the letters "USMC" and an eagle, globe and anchor on his right forearm.
Details of Disappearance
Meredith was last seen in Evansville, Indiana sometime during 1979. His wife stated they got into an argument, she asked him to leave and he did. He has never been seen again.
Meredith's wife stated she received collect phone calls and letters from her husband in Tampa, Florida after he left. No one else heard from him, however, and there is no hard evidence of his existence since he disappeared in 1979. His wife later divorced him, remarried and moved on with her life.
Meredith's sister called the police to inquire about his case in 1992. It was then that she learned Meredith's wife had never reported him missing. He has at least eight children by his four wives; many of the children did not know about one another's existence until the start of the investigation into his disappearance.
One of Meredith's ex-wives had him declared legally dead after his disappearance. She stated she thought he would have come to visit her and their daughters if he could have, and since he hadn't, she believed he was deceased. None of Meredith's loved ones believe he would have simply walked away from his life.
Police began an investigation into Meredith's disappearance in 2007, twenty-eight years after he was last seen. His case remains unsolved.
- Evansville Police Department 812-436-7987
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 3, 2019; height, weight and medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.