Robert F. Duerr
Duerr, circa 2005
- Missing Since 01/15/2005
- Missing From Waterford, Connecticut
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 53 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black leather jacket, a blue long-sleeved sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.
- Medical Conditions Duerr is diabetic.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair. Duerr had a beard, moustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Duerr was last seen at the Fountainview Care Center, a health care facility in Waterford, Connecticut, at 1:00 a.m. on January 15, 2005. He had been under treatment for his diabetes when he apparently walked away from the facility during the early morning hours and has never been heard from again.
It was very cold the day he disappeared, and Duerr was not dressed appropriately for the weather. His disappearance was noticed at 4:00 a.m. and the Fountainview staff notified police.
Duerr's Chelsea Groton Bank ATM card was found in the night deposit box of the Charter Oak Federal Credit Union three days after his disappearance. The bank is a little over a mile away from Fountainview. Authorities believe someone found the card and put it in the box; they would like to identify and question this individual.
Foul play is not suspected in Duerr's case, but he is believed to be in danger. His case remains unsolved.
- Waterford Police Department 860-442-9451
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 21, 2005; casefile added.