Robert, circa 1979; Age-progression to age 46 (circa 2009)
- Missing Since 06/30/1979
- Missing From Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
- Classification Non-Family Abduction
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/18/1963 (60)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt with the words "Beach Bum" on it, cut-off jean shorts, tan shoes with crepe soles, and a silver chain with a white cross.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, hazel eyes. Robert has a mole on the right side of his face and a small scar on his right cheek below his eye.
Details of Disappearance
Robert departed from his family's residence near Coopersburg, Pennsylvania on June 30, 1979. He was last seen walking down Coopersburg Road towards the town of Coopersburg, at 1:00 p.m. that day. Robert planned to visit his girlfriend's house, which was located approximately two miles from his home. He never arrived as expected and has not been heard from again.
Robert was not carrying any money at the time of his disappearance, although he left a small amount of cash behind in his room. He did not have a history as a runaway and nothing was amiss in his life at the time to lead investigators to suspect he left of his own accord.
Although he trapped muskrats, he was afraid to check the traps alone in the wintertime because he didn't like to be outside alone after sunset. He also had a good relationship with his family, and kept his parents informed as to his whereabouts.
Robert told his mother before he left their home that he expected to find a ride with someone later in the day. His family members told authorities that Robert often received car rides from friends or walked to his destinations, as he was not a licensed driver at the time he vanished; he did not even have a learner's permit. Authorities checked with many of the people who lived along the route he would have taken to his girlfriend's home, but all of them said they hadn't seen him that day.
At the time of his disappearance, Robert was a sophomore at Southern Lehigh High School, where his grades were average. He was looking forward to attending his sister's upcoming wedding. There is apparently no hard evidence of foul play in his case, but it is classified as a possible non-family abduction due to the lack of evidence supporting any other theory.
- Upper Saucon Township Police Department 610-282-3064
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 7, 2021; details of disappearance updated.