Robert Michael Anderson
Anderson, circa 1993; Anderson and Diede's van
- Missing Since 08/15/1993
- Missing From Wishek, North Dakota
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/14/1961 (61)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 180 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dodge van (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair. Anderson's nickname is Bob.
Details of Disappearance
Anderson and his girlfriend, Kristen Diede, dropped her son and daughter off at their paternal grandparents' home in Wishek, North Dakota on August 15, 1993. Diede called friends back home and said she was having trouble getting her children back. She and Anderson then stopped by to visit her brother before leaving to go back home. Neither of them has ever been heard from again.
The Dodge van they were driving was found abandoned over a hundred miles away at a railroad station parking lot in Aberdeen, South Dakota on August 20, the same day the pair were reported missing. A photo of the van is posted with this case summary.
Anderson and Diede are both from Minnesota. They left all their belongings behind at their home. Diede was in the process of a divorce at the time of her disappearance.
Authorities at first assumed the couple had left of their own accord, but Diede's loved ones never believed she would have abandoned her children. Authorities believe she and Anderson were homicide victims. Their cases remain unsolved.
- Logan County Sheriff's Department 701-754-2495
- North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation 800-472-2185
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 29, 2015; date of birth and three pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.