Robert Richard Remmer
Remmer, circa 1994
- Missing Since 01/01/1994
- Missing From Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/21/1955 (68)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 180 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 42-foot fishing vessel called Miss Black Diamond (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Remmer was last seen on January 1, 1994 in Tarpon Springs, Florida. He left the Erickson Marina on the 42-foot fishing vessel Miss Black Diamond with the boat's owner, Eugeniusz "Eugene" K. Pastula. The men were stocked for a 10- to 12-day trip. Neither of them have ever been heard from again.
The Miss Black Diamond's wreckage was discovered on January 7 by another fishing boat in the Gulf of Mexico about 70 miles west-northwest of Tarpon Springs. The pilot house and the cabin were entirely missing and so were both of the boat's occupants.
Authorities believe the boat was wrecked during a severe storm. An extensive search of the ocean. turned up no sign of Remmer or Pastula. They are presumed to be lost at sea.
Photographs of Pastula are unavailable. His date of birth is January 7, 1946; making him 48 years old when he and Remmer went missing. He is described as a Caucasian male, 6'1 and 180 pounds with blond hair and brown eyes. Some agencies give the date of Pastula and Remmer's disappearances as January 20, 1994.
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office 727-582-5808
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 18, 2008; casefile added.