Rochelle Kenana Stubblefield
Stubblefield, circa 2015; Derron Fuller
- Missing Since 11/10/2015
- Missing From Whiting, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 12/25/1994 (28)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A maroon sweatshirt with the Calumet College of St. Joseph logo, and black jeans.
- Medical Conditions Stubblefield was eight and a half months pregnant when she disappeared. The baby, a boy she planned to name Amir Dashaun Thomas Stubblefield, was due on December 15.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Stubblefield has a gap between her front teeth. She wears eyeglasses with black rectangular frames.
Details of Disappearance
Stubblefield was last seen on November 10, 2015, when she went with friends to a basketball game after attending classes at Calumet College of St. Joseph in Whiting, Indiana. She has never been heard from again. Since her disappearance, there hasn't been any activity on her bank account or cellular phone. Her car was found abandoned in Gary, Indiana.
Derron Fuller was reportedly Stubblefield's boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, and the father of her unborn child, but when the police interviewed him he said he wasn't dating and wasn't her baby's father. He said he didn't know Stubblefield's whereabouts but that she had talked about going to Atlanta, Georgia. A photo of Fuller is posted with this case summary.
On November 20, ten days after Stubblefield was last seen, police got a tip from two of Fuller's cousins, who said that during a phone conversation he had admitted to killing a woman who was eight months pregnant with his child. Fuller supposedly stated he choked her and stabbed her in the temple because he didn't want to pay chid support. He said he buried her body an elementary school in Gary.
Fuller was located on November 23, when the police found him at his girlfriend's house. The girlfriend later told authorities that she'd picked him up at Williams Elementary School in Gary and that he told her something had happened to Stubblefield and he had done it. He started throwing Stubblefield's belongings, including her identification, out of the window of the girlfriend's car.
Investigators later found some of those items, including her glasses (which were broken) and her shoes. After the girlfriend picked him up, Fuller stayed the night with her and told her he had choked Stubblefield to death.
In July 2020, Fuller was arrested and charged with two counts of murder, in the death of Stubblefield and the death of her unborn baby, and one count of obstruction of justice. His former girlfriend was granted immunity from prosecution in the case. Fuller is awaiting trial.
Stubblefield is a graduate of Portage High School. She was studying criminal justice in college, with hopes of a career in law enforcement, and was also a member of her college's track team. Her body has never been located in spite of repeated searches, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
- Lake County Sheriff's Department 219-755-3400
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 2, 2021; casefile added.