Roger Jermaine Chambers
Chambers, circa 2010; Chambers's car
- Missing Since 09/04/2010
- Missing From Raeford, North Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/20/1975 (47)
- Age 34 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 140 - 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black polo shirt with a red logo, black shorts, black and red sneakers, a money clip and a gold band.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Green 1993 Toyota Camry with the North Carolina license plate number YZF-4849
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Chambers has a mole on the back of his right leg and keloid scars on his right leg and both shoulders. He has a mustache. His nickname is Jay.
Details of Disappearance
Chambers left his home in the 3600 block of Army Road in Raeford, North Carolina at 6:15 p.m. on September 4, 2010. He said he had an appointment in the Red Springs, North Carolina area at 7:00 p.m., but didn't say exactly where or who he was going to see. It's possible he was going to see someone who owed him money.
His wife spoke to him briefly on the phone after he left home, and he also spoke to a friend he encountered at a gas station along Highway 211 outside of Red Springs. His wife tried to call him at 9:48 p.m., but the call went straight to voice mail. She eventually fell asleep and when she woke up at 2:00 a.m., he still wasn't home. Chambers has never been heard from again.
Chambers is described as a friendly individual who often helped homeless people. He may be driving a green 1993 Toyota Camry with the North Carolina license plate number YZF-4849. The vehicle has chrome rims, lightly tinted windows, paint peeling off the hood and dents on the passenger side. Photos of it are posted with this case summary.
It's uncharacteristic of Chambers to leave without warning, and there's been no activity on his bank account since his disappearance. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Hoke County Sheriff's Department 910-875-5111
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 10, 2011; casefile added.