Roger Kenneth Sawyer
Sawyer, circa 2011
- Missing Since 03/05/2011
- Missing From Everglades National Park, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 67 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 170 - 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green sleeveless t-shirt with the words "Got Milt?" on it, khaki shorts, Crocs shoes, a black Hard Rock Cafe baseball cap and a gold wedding band on his left ring finger.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Sawyer wears a dental bridge with two or three teeth on the left side of upper jaw. He wears eyeglasses for reading.
Details of Disappearance
Sawyer was last seen at a remote campground in the Flamingo area at Everglades National Park in Monroe County, Florida on March 5, 2011. He is from Oregon and had taken a cross-country trip with his family in a motor home.
Some of Sawyer's relatives went to the Visitors Center, leaving Sawyer and his wife behind. Sawyer and his wife were in different areas of the campground at the time.
He was last seen at the beach at approximately 6:00 p.m. By 8:30 p.m., everyone had returned to the motor home except him, and his loved ones alerted authorities. He has never been heard from again.
An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of Sawyer's whereabouts, and it isn't clear whether he became lost or if something else caused his disappearance. His family describes him as an experienced outdoorsman. His case remains unsolved.
- Everglades National Park Service 305-242-7731
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 31, 2016; casefile added.