Rolando Salas Jusino
Rolando, circa 1999; Age-progression to age 23 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 07/07/1999
- Missing From Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Black, Hispanic
- Date of Birth 10/12/1994 (28)
- Age 4 years old
- Height and Weight 3'10 - 4'3, 50 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green t-shirt, dark green shorts and black and white sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Rolando has asthma.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Hispanic) male. Black hair, brown eyes. Rolando speaks Spanish. His blood type is O-positive. His nickname is Rolandito.
Details of Disappearance
Rolando was last seen playing unsupervised in a park located at Urbanizacion Colinas de Plata near his home on Colinas del Plata in Toa Alta, Puerto Rico on July 7, 1999 between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. He has never been seen again.
Roberto Gotay Valcarcel, Rolando's stepfather, was a suspect in his case for a time due to prison inmates who said they overheard him telling people he had murdered the child and buried his body on a farm. This story has never been verified.
Rolando's disappearance was widely covered in the news media in Puerto Rico and Latin America. A theory that his disappearance was drug-related was quickly dismissed by police, as none of his family members are known to have been involved in drugs. There were many alleged sightings of him in the Dominican Republic, Spain and the mainland United States, but none of these reports have been confirmed. His case remains unsolved.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Hato Rey, Puerto Rico Office
- Puerto Rico Police Department
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 3, 2018; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.