Ronald Franklin Westover
Westover, circa 2005
- Missing Since 03/05/2005
- Missing From Westover, Pennsylvania
- Classification Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Native American, White
- Date of Birth 09/23/1941 (81)
- Age 63 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 185 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) male. Red hair, brown eyes. Westover was hit by a car in 1999 and sustained multiple rib fractures. His gallbladder was surgically removed in 2002. He wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Westover was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1999. He went through radiation treatments and his cancer went into remission. In March 2005, Westover told his loved ones that his cancer had returned. He said he was going to Canada to visit friends.
Westover asked a family friend for a ride to the Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania bus station, but later said he had found another ride. He was last seen on March 5, 2005.
After his disappearance, Westover's family discovered he had not in fact experienced a cancer recurrence, and he never caught the bus out of Punxsutawney. He left his belongings and identification at his home. His case remains unsolved.
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Punxsutawney Station
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 31, 2009; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.