Ronald Reed Duck Jr.
Duck, circa 1995
- Missing Since 02/14/1995
- Missing From Pascagoula, Mississippi
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/13/1973 (49)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'11, 160 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue-gray plaid shirt, a red and black or brown plaid flannel jacket, light blue jeans, brown leather ankle boots and possibly a gold puzzle ring. Possibly carrying a silver Zippo lighter engraved with the words "Ronnie Best Friends Scott".
- Associated Vehicle(s) Maroon truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Duck has an olive complexion. He has a tattoo of dark-winged duck on the left side of his chest and a colored dragon tattoo on his left thigh. He has a surgical scar on the center of his chest as the result of childhood open-heart surgery and a scar down the front of his left leg. Duck's nickname is Ronnie. He smoked menthol cigarettes in 1995; his favorite brand was Newport.
Details of Disappearance
Duck was serving as a United States Navy electronics technician third class in 1995. He was last seen at approximately 3:30 a.m. on February 14, 1995, about fifty yards from his ship in the vicinity of the United States Naval Station in Pascagoula, Mississippi. He and another sailor were on their way to their ship at the time.
Duck has never been heard from again. His maroon truck was later found in the port's parking lot; the floor of the vehicle was muddy.
Duck left behind a pregnant wife when he disappeared. She gave birth to his daughter six weeks later. He was devoted to his wife and his relatives and kept in close touch with them, but none of them have heard from him since 1995.
At the time he went missing, Duck was expecting to be discharged from the Navy for medical reasons. He said he was afraid for his life; he had recently testified against a sailor who was given a less than honorable discharge for drug use, and was reportedly threatened afterwards.
Duck disappeared under suspicious circumstances. The Navy originally listed him as absent without leave (AWOL), but shortly after his disappearance his case was reclassified as a missing person. He frequented billiard parlors and bars equipped with pool tables in 1995.
Duck is originally from Alabama. His mother believes he met with foul play. An infant daughter was born to him a month after his disappearance. Duck's case remains unsolved.
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) Headquarters
- NCIS Resident Agency
- Pensacola, Florida
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 2, 2008; details of disappearance updated.