Rory Neal Shoemaker
Shoemaker, circa 1995; Shoemaker's car
- Missing Since 09/01/1995
- Missing From South Everett, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Native American
- Date of Birth 01/22/1961 (62)
- Age 34 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 245 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved gray t-shirt, black low-top sneakers, a red baseball cap and possibly blue jeans.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White two-door 1979 Datsun 210 with the Washington license plate number 205-AKX, a black louver, a damaged left front quarter panel, one black and white checkered seat, and a cracked windshield
- Distinguishing Characteristics Native American male. Brown hair, green eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Shoemaker was last seen leaving his parents' south Everett, Washington home for a camping trip on September 1, 1995. He planned to arrive at Red Bridge Campground later during the day. The campground is located east of Granite Falls, Washington.
Shoemaker never arrived at his destination and has never been heard from again. He was driving his white two-door 1979 Datsun 210 with the Washington license plate number 205-AKX. A photo of the car is posted below this case summary. The vehicle has a black louver, a damaged left front quarter panel and a "spider-web" cracked windshield. One of the seats has black and white checkered pattern.
His vehicle has never been located. His loved ones stated it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He was supposed to move to Montana with his mother a few days after his disappearance, and had already packed his belongings.
Investigators have received tips that Shoemaker was murdered and buried in his car, but this information hasn't been confirmed. His case remains unsolved.
- Snohomish County Sheriff's Office 425-388-3839
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 15, 2016; middle name and clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.