Easland, circa 1980; Robert Hansen
- Missing Since 06/28/1980
- Missing From Anchorage, Alaska
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 90 - 105 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short brown leather coat with a fur collar, pants or blue jeans and black high-heeled boots. Possibly carrying a purse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell Easland's first name "Roxanne" and her last name "Easlund." She may use the alias names Karen Lee Baunsgard and/or Robin Lee Easland. She has a birthmark on the top of her shoulder and a birthmark on the top of her right thigh. She may wear wire-framed eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Easland was last seen on June 28, 1980. She had been staying for the past two weeks with her boyfriend at the Budget Motel on Spenard Road in Anchorage, Alaska, and was supposed to meet an unidentified male on 4th Avenue downtown that day. She has never been heard from again.
Investigators believe the serial killer Robert Hansen may have been involved in Easland's case, as well as in the disappearances of Megan Emerick, Mary Thill and Andrea Altiery. In 1984, he confessed to 17 murders and 30 rapes over the previous twelve years, and acknowledged Easland was one of his victims. He lead authorities to the grave sites, but only twelve bodies were recovered.
A map in Hansen's home had marks on it matching the locations of his victims' bodies, but there were more than 17 marks on it, suggesting he had more victims then he admitted to. Most of the women he is known to have killed were prostitutes or exotic dancers. He died in 2014, while serving 461 years to life in prison for his crimes. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.
Foul play is suspected in Easland's case due to the circumstances involved.
- Alaska State Troopers 907-375-6413
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 14, 2015; casefile added.