Roxanne Edna McGreehan
McGreehan, circa 2002; Matthew Engelbrecht
- Missing Since 10/18/2002
- Missing From Schertz, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian, Biracial, Hispanic
- Date of Birth 03/28/1982 (41)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'7, 135 - 165 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Asian/Hispanic) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. McGreehan has the following tattoos: her nickname "Roxy" on her upper arm, the name "Elizabeth" on the upper left side of her back, the name "Michael" on the upper right side of her back, and a cross on her hand.
Details of Disappearance
McGreehan was last seen walking to a friend's house on October 18, 2002. She was staying with friends in Schertz, Texas at the time of her disappearance. She had a young daughter and planned to join the military. She has never been heard from again.
In October 2018, Matthew Engelbrecht was charged with McGreehan's murder. He was already in prison for another murder also committed in 2002, and was about to be paroled when he was charged in McGreehan's case.
A photo of Engelbrecht is posted with this case summary. He was McGreehan's next-door neighbor at the time of her disappearance, but they apparently didn't know each other well. Investigators stated he admitted to "various events of the homicide."
Authorities stated they believe McGreehan's body was dumped in Cibolo Creek off Lower Seguin and Weir Road in Bexar County, Texas. Her body has never been found. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
- Schertz Police Department 210-619-1200
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 27, 2018; casefile added.