Roy George Benn
Benn, circa 1967
- Missing Since 09/25/1967
- Missing From Sartell, Minnesota
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/29/1908 (115)
- Age 59 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored suit, a white French-cuffed shirt and gold and pearl cuff links.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Metallic blue four-door 1963 Buick Electra with the Minnesota license plate number 6DU516 and the serial number 8J4036010
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, gray eyes. Benn has a scar on the right side of his left eyebrow.
Details of Disappearance
Benn was last seen eating breakfast at King's Supper Club, a cafe attached to Claude's Shell Station on Highway 10 in Sartell, Minnesota, at 4:00 a.m. on September 25, 1967. He has never been heard from again.
He driving a metallic blue four-door 1963 Buick Electra with the Minnesota license plate number 6DU516 and the serial number 8J4036010. The car disappeared with Benn and has not been located.
Benn was a widower at the time of his disappearance and owned an apartment building and a business, the St. Cloud Gas and Appliance Service. He lived in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota. He was well-off with no debts, and usually carried a substantial sum of money on his person and made all purchases in cash. He may have been carrying as much as several thousand dollars when he disappeared.
Benn was declared legally dead eight years after his disappearance. His loved ones stated he was happy with his life and they don't believe he would have left of his own accord. Since his disappearance, no one has used Benn's credit cards, written any checks on his bank account, or re-licensed his car anywhere. His case remains unsolved.
- Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension 320-203-6163
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 5, 2022; clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.