Ryan Steven Jensen
Jensen, circa 2007
- Missing Since 03/13/2007
- Missing From Erda, Utah
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/27/1973 (49)
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan Carhartt coat, a t-shirt, dark blue jeans, hiking boots, a baseball cap, and a sports watch with a black band on his left wrist.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, hazel eyes. Jensen wears clear contact lenses. His teeth are capped. He has a strawberry birthmark on his buttocks, a horseshoe-shaped scar on the left side of his scalp, and surgical scars on his abdomen from an inguinal hernia operation. Jensen has previously broken his hand. His nickname is Ry.
Details of Disappearance
Jensen was last heard from on March 13, 2007, when he spoke to a relative on the phone while at his residence in the vicinity of the 800 block of east Tanglewood in Erda, Utah. He has never been heard from again. He did not show up for work and missed an appointment the following day, on March 14.
When his home was searched, the only items found to be missing were a pair of binoculars and a .22 caliber handgun. The back door was open and Jensen's keys were in the door. His vehicles, horses and cellular phone were left behind. There was no note or any other indication as to where he had gone.
At the time of his disappearance, Jensen was having personal and financial problems and was about to be served with divorce papers. He worked as a maintenance employee for the Granite School District.
He is an experienced hiker and trapper and has the skills to survive in the outdoors for an extended period. Authorities searched the Oquirrh Mountains for him, but found no evidence. His case remains unsolved.
- Tooele County Sheriff's Office 435-882-5600
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 30, 2008; picture added, clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.