Samuel Lee Hernandez
Hernandez, circa 1997
- Missing Since 07/19/1997
- Missing From El Paso, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 02/12/1951 (72)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 210 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pullover shirt, Levi's jeans and sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Hernandez is diabetic. He has seizures, and also problems with his back due to an injury. He is classified as disabled.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hernandez has a red-colored scar near his left eye. His lip is twisted due to a prior stroke. His nicknames are Sam and Joe.
Details of Disappearance
Hernandez was last in El Paso, Texas on July 19, 1997. He contacted family members from a pay phone and told them he would travel home to Denver, Colorado, but never made it there.
Foul play is possible in Hernandez's disappearance, but his wife believes he could be alive and in hiding. She stated he kept in contact with his sister and used her address to receive his Social Security disability check, but supposedly they lost touch in approximately 2010. One of Hernandez's sons died in 2010 and his wife believes he may not know. His case remains unsolved.
- El Paso Police Department 915-872-3656
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 13, 2013; details of disappearance updated.