Sandra Lee Lemire
Lemire, circa 2012; Ford Freestyle minivan
- Missing Since 05/08/2012
- Missing From Kissimmee, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/08/1965 (58)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray blouse, blue jeans and sandals.
- Medical Conditions Lemire has diabetes and requires insulin which she doesn't have with her.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red 2004 Ford Freestyle minivan with the Florida license plate number J36-8ZE
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Lemire's hair is naturally brown; she bleaches it blonde. She wears prescription eyeglasses with black frames or contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Lemire was left her grandmother's home near Interstate 4 and John Young Parkway in Orlando, Florida on May 8, 2012. She was driving her grandmother's red 2004 Ford Freestyle minivan with the Florida license plate number J36-8ZE; a photo of a similar van is posted with this case summary.
Lemire was going to Kissimmee, Florida to meet a man she'd been communicating with through an online dating service. She called her grandmother to say she'd arrived in Kissimmee, and promised to call again before she began the journey home, but she never did. She was last seen leaving a McDonald's restaurant in Kissimmee, driving the minivan. She has never been heard from again.
Authorities interviewed the man Lemire was visiting on the day of her disappearance and ruled him out as a suspect; he worked an overnight shift and was at work for hours after Lemire left the restaurant. Her disappearance is considered suspicious, however, and investigators believe foul play could have been involved.
She moved from Michigan to Florida to take care of her grandmother about three years before her disappearance. She frequently dated men she'd met online, but her loved ones stated she was careful of her safety. She has three children.
Orlando, Florida police are investigating Lemire's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Orlando Police Department 407-246-3946
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 4, 2022; two pictures added.