Sandra Lorraine Andrews
Andrews, circa 1990
- Missing Since 11/16/1990
- Missing From Seaford, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/25/1946 (77)
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 133 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white nurse's uniform, a brown hooded coat, a fourteen- to eighteen-inch fourteen karat gold herringbone chain necklace, a fourteen karat gold "RN" pin, and either a fourteen karat gold Mickey Mouse watch or a peach-colored Swatch watch.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White or beige 1985 Mercury Cougar with a brown top (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Andrews's nickname is Sandy. Her ears are pierced and she has a scar in the middle of her abdomen.
Details of Disappearance
Andrews was last seen at 11:15 p.m. on November 16, 1990, when she left her nursing job at the Methodist Manor Home in Seaford, Delaware. She has never been heard from again.
Her white or beige 1985 Mercury Cougar with a brown top was located at 4:00 a.m. the day after her disappearance, parked behind a storage building on the east side of northbound Route 13, north of Seaford. Andrews's purse and other belongings were scattered on the ground near the driver's side door, and her keys were on the trunk lid.
She left behind two adult daughters; one of her sons died at birth and the other died in an accident as a toddler. She had divorced in 1982, but was reconciling with her ex-husband and thought they would probably get married again. He has been named as a person of interest in her disappearance. Her family described her as a "very spiritual" and "prim and proper" woman who frequently exercised and didn't smoke or curse.
Authorities believe foul play was involved in Andrews's case. Her case remains unsolved.
- Delaware State Police 302-739-5939
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 7, 2019; clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.