Sandra Suzzane Shapiro Laplace
Laplace, circa 1974
- Missing Since 05/01/1974
- Missing From Hull Bay, Virgin Islands
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/22/1946 (76)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly pants and a sleeveless top.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Laplace's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Laplace was last seen in Hull Bay, Virgin Islands on May 1, 1974. She drove away from her home that evening, after telling her husband she could not manage their two young children, and never returned. Her car was found abandoned by the road just a short distance from her home; the purse and keys were missing and there were no indications of foul play.
Laplace was reportedly carrying a substantial amount of cash at the time of her disappearance, enough to leave the Virgin Islands, but checks at the local airport and the Antilles Airports turned up no one who had seen her. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.
The missing persons file for Laplace was accidentally destroyed after her disappearance. A new report has been made. Laplace's family believes she left of her own accord because she missed her old life back in New York; they would like to be reunited with her.
- Virgin Islands Police Department 340-772-5605
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 13, 2019; casefile added.