Sasha Lee Naylor
Naylor, circa 2018; Joseph Rhodes
- Missing Since 08/21/2018
- Missing From Albemarle, North Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'4, 140 - 190 pounds
- Medical Conditions Naylor was pregnant at the time of her disappearance; her baby was due on February 11, 2019.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Grown or gold 1998 Ford Tempo with right side damage and the Ohio license plate number GRS-3043 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Naylor is missing a front left tooth. Her ears and navel are pierced. She has the following tattoos: wings with the name "Catherine Mayo" and two dates on her left shoulder, purple barbed wire and the name "Juanita" on her ankle, baby footprints on her back, and a shamrock on her hip. Naylor's nickname is Red, and she may use the last name Duley. She smokes cigarettes.
Details of Disappearance
Naylor was last seen on Kates Drive in Albemarle, North Carolina on August 21, 2018. She may have been en route to West Virginia or Ohio at the time. She has never been heard from again.
The brown or gold 1998 Ford Tempo she was driving, which had right side damage and the Ohio license plate number GRS-3043, was found abandoned and completely burned in Marshville, North Carolina later in August. It wasn't recognized as Naylor's at the time, and was towed and sold for scrap on January 8, 2019.
Naylor had left her daughter with her mother in Ohio and moved to Albemarle with a boyfriend to get a job and a better life. When she last spoke to her mother, she said her boyfriend's mother had made her leave and she was staying at a shelter.
Her mother reported her missing on January 8, the same day Naylor's vehicle was sold, after months passed without contact and she found out Naylor was no longer at the shelter.
In February 2019, Joseph Lee Rhodes was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in Naylor's death and also with the murder of her unborn child. A photo of Rhodes is posted with this case summary. In December, Jeremy Glenn Dugan and Paul Daniel Rubio were also charged in connection with being accessories after the fact to Naylor's murder.
The three defendants are awaiting trial. Naylor's body has never been found, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
- Stanly County Sheriff's Office 704-986-3690
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 21, 2021; casefile added.