Scott Allen Kleeschulte

Scott, circa 1988; Age-progression to age 32 (circa 2012)

  • Missing Since 06/08/1988
  • Missing From St. Charles, Missouri
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/12/1979 (45)
  • Age 9 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'4, 60 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black t-shirt that says "Rude Dog", khaki pants and red and black high-top sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Scott has three small moles on his face, a small scar on his chin, and freckles across his nose. His surname is pronounced "Klay-shul-tee."

Details of Disappearance

Scott was last seen at approximately 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. in his hometown of St. Charles, Missouri. He had left his home on Leverenz Drive and was walking down Ken Drive towards West Adams at the time.

A heavy thunderstorm affected the St. Charles area on the day of his disappearance. Witnesses saw Scott had walking before the storm hit the neighborhood and afterwards. He has never been heard from again. He was a student at Coverdell Elementary School at the time of his disappearance, and vanished on the last day of the school year.

Bloodhounds tracked Scott's scent for about five miles northeast on Fox Hill Road, then lost the trail. Authorities searched numerous man-made tunnels and caves in the area and also dredged streams in an effort to locate Scott, but no evidence was produced. Some people believe he drowned in a flash flood which affected the region after the massive storm, but authorities and his family members believe he was abducted.

In 2007, investigators began investigating Michael J. Devlin for possible involvement in Scott's disappearance and in several other cases, including the 1991 disappearance of Charles "Arlin" Henderson, and the 2005 disappearance of Bianca Piper.

Shawn Hornbeck, a fifteen-year-old boy who disappeared in 2002, and William "Ben" Ownby, a thirteen-year-old boy who was abducted in 2007, were both found alive in Devlin's house in January 2007. Ben had been missing for five days and Shawn for over four years. Both boys had been held against their will by Devlin, who subsequently pleaded guilty to kidnapping and child molestation and was sentenced to life in prison.

Authorities initially suspected Devlin could be linked to other missing child cases, and formed a multi-jurisdictional task force to investigate this theory. In October 2007 the task force dissolved, as it could not find any evidence that implicated Devlin in any other children's disappearances.

Scott's parents still live in the house they resided in when he disappeared, and they hope for closure in his case. His disappearance remains unsolved.

Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 24, 2013; picture added.