Scott Andreas Sims
Scott, circa 1961
- Missing Since 12/09/1961
- Missing From Wichita Falls, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/01/1950 (72)
- Age 11 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 90 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black winter coat, a black turtleneck sweater, blue jeans and a black knitted cap.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Scott wears eyeglasses. His nickname is Andy. His last name at birth was Douglass.
Details of Disappearance
Scott was last seen in Wichita Falls, Texas on the afternoon of December 9, 1961. He was alone with his older brother at their home in the 4600 block of Stanford Avenue when he went to go play outside sometime between 12:45 and 1:00 p.m.
His mother returned home at 2:30 p.m. and couldn't find Scott. The family searched for him for over five hours before reporting his disappearance to police at 8:00 p.m. He has never been heard from again.
Scott and his family had lived in Wichita Falls for only a short time prior to his disappearance. He and his brother lived with their mother and stepfather and had taken their stepfather's last name; their biological father lived with his second wife in California in 1961.
Scott was a fifth-grade student at Jefferson Elementary School and was in the Boy Scouts. He apparently vanished without a trace; very little evidence is available as to his fate. However, police believe he was the victim of a homicide.
- Wichita Falls Police Department 940-761-7762
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 4, 2021; picture added.