Scott Douglas Hamilton
Hamilton, circa 2011
- Missing Since 02/19/2011
- Missing From New Port Richey, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/22/1958 (64)
- Age 52 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'8, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Hamilton suffers from schizophrenia, anxiety and diabetes, and is considered a dependent adult. He needs medication which he doesn't have with him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Hamilton may use the alias first name Alexander. His head was shaved at the time of his disappearance and he has missing his top teeth.
Details of Disappearance
Hamilton was last seen at the Hillandale Assisted Living Facility, a home for the disabled where he lived in the 6300 block of Langston Avenue in New Port Richey, Florida on February 19, 2011. He walked away from the facility at 9:30 a.m. without his money, identification or medicine and has never been heard from again.
He had wandered away from the facility twice before in his three years of living there, and both times wound up being admitted to a mental hospital under the name Alexander Hamilton.
There was a reported sighting of Hamilton in the Hudson, Florida area on March 6, but this hasn't been confirmed. Hudson is ten miles north of New Port Richey; previously, when Hamilton left the assisted living facility, he had traveled south.
Hamilton served in the military for one year and likes to talk about it. He doesn't have any family living in the local area and an extensive search turned up no indication of his whereabouts.
The Hillandale Assisted Living Facility was ordered closed in 2013; authorities found it had failed to adequately protect its residents.
- Pasco County Sheriff's Office 800-706-2488
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 29, 2014; casefile added.