Shaniece Rose Harris
Harris, circa 2017; Some of Harris's tattoos
- Missing Since 05/29/2017
- Missing From Rock Hill, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Black, Hispanic
- Date of Birth 02/02/1986 (37)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 260 - 300 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and gray hooded sweatshirt with four pockets on the front, black sweatpants, black Nike Air Max sneakers, and square diamond earrings.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark gray four-door Volkswagen Jetta with tinted windows and the New York license plate number HMY2644 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Hispanic) female. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. At the time of her disappearance, Harris had rosary bead braids in her hair. Her ears are pierced and she wears prescription eyeglasses with Versace brand frames. She has multiple tattoos, including her nickname "Sparkz" on the top of her right hand, two female symbols linked together on the top of her left hand, the words "Philippians 4-11" on her right forearm, a design with a halo flanked by angel wings, and the words "In loving memory Grandma 1-6-13" on her left forearm, and a design of clouds, seashells, two doves, praying hands holding a rosary, and an open book with writing on her left elbow area and upper arm. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Harris was last seen in Rock Hill, New York between 8:20 and 8:40 p.m. on May 29, 2017. She has never been heard from again. Her mother was en route to Florida at the time of her disappearance, and Harris never called her to see if she had arrived safely, which is uncharacteristic of her.
At 8:00 a.m. on May 31, Harris's dark gray four-door Volkswagen Jetta with tinted windows and the New York license plate number HMY2644 was found abandoned along south Woods Drive in Thompson, New York. Few details are available in her case.
- Sullivan County Sheriff's Office 845-794-7100
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 19, 2018; casefile added.