Shannon Marie Hawkins
Hawkins, circa 2010
- Missing Since 07/31/2010
- Missing From St. Johns, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/06/1974 (48)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 135 pounds
- Medical Conditions Hawkins suffers from depression and was previously hospitalized for her condition. She has a history of suicide attempts and she takes prescription medication which may alter her state of mind.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hawkins's hair was dyed auburn at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Hawkins was last seen at her home in the 100 block of Nottingham Drive in St. Johns, Florida on July 31, 2010. Her husband stated he saw her at noon when he left to take their two children to the mall. She seemed uneasy at the time. She had planned to go with them, but changed her mind at the last moment.
When her husband returned home at 6:00 p.m., Hawkins was gone. The family's cars were still parked at the residence and the house's front door and back sliding door were both unlocked.
Hawkins's husband stated she had left once before, about a year before her disappearance, taking her car with her. A short time later she resurfaced and checked herself into a hospital. She didn't have an active driver's license when she went missing in 2010.
Her husband stated she had stayed up late the night before, placing phone orders for items advertised on television. She also placed a call to a mental health hotline.
In a journal prior to her disappearance, Hawkins wrote she wanted to go into the woods behind her home and harm herself. She wrote she wasn't sure she would live to see her 36th birthday in December.
Although there is no evidence of foul play in Hawkins's disappearance, due to her mental illness there is concern for her safety. Her case remains unsolved.
- St. Johns County Sheriff's Office
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 6, 2015; medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.