Shannon Patrick Ketron
Shannon, circa 1982
- Missing Since 06/17/1982
- Missing From Cordell, Oklahoma
- Classification Non-Family Abduction
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/10/1981 (41)
- Age 7 months old
- Height and Weight 1'5, 27 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver 1978 Pontiac (accounted for), Green late-model GMC truck
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Some agencies may list Shannon's birthdate as November 12, 1979 and may list the date of his presumed abduction as July 17, 1982.
Details of Disappearance
Shannon was last seen in Cordell, Oklahoma on June 17, 1982. His mother, Ann Ketron, stated that they were driving between Buffalo, Oklahoma and Cordell in her silver 1978 Pontiac when they pulled over on a dirt road on the side of Route 183 so she could retrieve something.
A Caucasian male in a green late-model GMC truck came up alongside them and asked Ann if everything was okay. She said she did not need help, and the man told her she looked like his ex-wife. Then he knocked her unconscious.
When Ann woke up, the baby was gone and he has never been heard from again. He is presumed to have been taken by the unidentified man. Shannon's abductor is described as 5'10 and 175 pounds with a dark complexion. He is believed to have taken a green duffel bag out of Ann's car, along with the child.
Ann's husband, Dustin Ketron, was in prison for burglary at the time of Shannon's abduction. Ann took a polygraph test about her son's disappearance, but the results have not been released.
Shannon's case remains unsolved.
- Washita County Sheriff's Office 580-832-2334
- Federal Bureau of Investigation 405-290-7770
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 6, 2019; picture, height and weight added.