Shawn Ray Glover
Glover, circa 2019; Some of Glover's tattoos
- Missing Since 09/27/2019
- Missing From Powell County, Kentucky
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Black, White
- Date of Birth 05/24/1989 (34)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'1, 130 - 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions Glover is an insulin-dependent diabetic. His insulin kit left behind. He has a history of diabetic seizures.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) male. Black hair, brown/hazel eyes. Glover has tattoos on both arms, both hands and on his chest, shoulder and neck. Photos of some of the tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Glover was last seen at the Clay City Inn in Powell County, Kentucky on September 27, 2019. He was with a woman he was dating, There was an altercation, and Glover disappeared, leaving his insulin kit behind. There was no insulin left in the kit, only the meter and test strips. He has never been heard from again.
After his disappearance, Glover's home was destroyed by fire, the cause of which was determined to be arson. Authorities searched for his remains at the site, but couldn't find them. One theory is that he had a medical incident with his diabetes, such as a seizure, and the people he was with panicked.
There is little evidence available in his case, but Glover's family believes he was murdered. His disappearance remains unsolved.
- Powell County Sheriff's Office
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 15, 2022; casefile added.