Sherrye Lee Bethel
Bethel in 1972 (four years prior to her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)
- Missing Since 07/15/1976
- Missing From Fort Worth, Texas
- Classification Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/23/1955 (68)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bethel may use the her maiden name, Dean, or her second married name, Taylor.
Details of Disappearance
Bethel was last seen in Fort Worth, Texas on July 15, 1976. Her husband of two years, who was the last person to see her, stated she simply left him and their one-year-old child. She has never been heard from again.
Bethel was married twice; her previous marriage lasted from July 1972 to February 1974, and she married her second husband three months after her divorce was final. She was in the process of a divorce from her second husband at the time of her disappearance; he filed in March of 1976, and the divorce was finalized in July 1977, a year after she was last seen. Few details are available in her case.
- Fort Worth Police Department 817-392-4442
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 15, 2020; casefile added.