Simmoni Jamie Berry
Berry, circa 2004
- Missing Since 09/12/2004
- Missing From Arcadia, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/09/1954 (68)
- Age 50 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 140 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) White 1994 Chevrolet van with a burgundy stripe (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Berry is transgender; born male with the name Scott Berry, she had sex reassignment surgery and lives as a woman.
Details of Disappearance
Berry was last seen in Arcadia, Florida on September 12, 2004, three days after her fiftieth birthday. She resided in the 11700 block of southwest Anne Avenue in Arcadia at the time. She was in the process of moving to Mayo, Florida and had already sold her house, but delayed her move due to storms in the area. She has never been heard from again. Her Pekingese dog disappeared with her.
Berry's white 1994 Chevrolet van with a burgundy stripe was found abandoned on Glenadine Avenue in the Spring Lake subdivision east of Kings Highway, a few streets away from her home, on September 19. The vehicle was in working condition, the doors were locked, the key was in the ignition, and blankets, pillows and other items were in the back.
Berry is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances; it is uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with her family. Her case remains unsolved.
- DeSoto County Sheriff's Office 863-993-4700
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 22, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.