Conrad, circa 2006
- Missing Since 08/21/2006
- Missing From Silverton, Colorado
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/01/1948 (74)
- Age 57 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 150 pounds
- Medical Conditions Conrad has a history of alcoholism, but he was sober at the time of his disappearance. He suffers from severe heart disease which was considered to be terminal.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Conrad was last seen in Silverton, Colorado on August 21, 2006. He took hikes in the mountains twice a day. He walked off down Lackawanna Road in the morning and never returned. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him.
Before his disappearance, Conrad found out he was dying of heart disease. Some of his loved ones theorized he went into the mountains to die rather than die at home. However, there is little evidence to support any theory.
Conrad was well-known in the local area for his generosity and his support of environmental causes. He often went to the mountains to pick up trash and he gave public speeches in favor of conservation, and he donated over $40,000 to various charities while leading a frugal lifestyle. His case remains unsolved.
- San Juan County Sheriff's Office 970-387-5531
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 9, 2015; date of birth and picture added, details of disappearance updated.