Song Im Joseph
Song, circa 1975
- Missing Since 06/08/1975
- Missing From Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 07/08/1954 (68)
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 100 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red halter top with green and blue flowers, blue checkered slacks, brown and white sandals and a gold and diamond wedding band.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Song is of Korean descent.
Details of Disappearance
Song was last seen at her residence on Bay Road in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware on June 8, 1975. She left her passport, visa and other belongings behind at home has never been heard from again. She is considered missing under suspicious circumstances and foul play is suspected in her case.
Song was born and raised in South Korea. She moved to the United States in November 1974 with her husband, an American serviceman named Alton Edward Joseph. There has been no evidence that Song returned to Korea after her disappearance. She hasn't used her Social Security number or been arrested since she went missing, and she didn't have access to a vehicle.
Alton and Song were having marital problems at the time of her disappearance. Alton has criminal convictions in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, as well as a 2001 federal conviction for transporting explosives without a license; during his period of military service he had stolen over twenty pounds of C4 from the base.
Authorities have identified two suspects in Song's disappearance, but no one has been charged in her case. Prior to her disappearance, she told friends she was being followed by a Korean-speaking man. Her case remains unsolved.
- Delaware State Police 302-739-5901
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 21, 2016; clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.