Sophia Felecita Moreno
Sophia, circa 1979; Age-progression to age 43 (circa 2005)
- Missing Since 05/11/1979
- Missing From Bryan, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 10/22/1962 (60)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sophia has a burn scar on her left leg and a birthmark on her upper right leg. She has a tattoo of the initials "AH" on her left hand between her thumb and index finger, and a tattoo of a cross is on her right hand. Sophia may go by her middle name, Felecita, which may be spelled "Felicita." Her married name is Herrera and her nicknames are Nina and Sophie.
Details of Disappearance
Sophia was last seen by her mother at the Washateria on Groesbeck and Palasoto in Bryan, Texas on May 11, 1979. She asked what her mother wanted to get for Mother's Day, and said she would attend a family gathering later that week. Sophia never arrived at the family event and has never been heard from again.
Sophia's family members told authorities that her husband, Abel Herrera, had violent tendencies and had physically abused her. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.
- Bryan Police Department 979-209-5301
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 10, 2022; picture added.