Stacy Kathleen McCall

Stacy, circa 1992; Age-progression age 43 (circa 2017); Van similar to the vehicle possibly involved in the case

  • Missing Since 06/07/1992
  • Missing From Springfield, Missouri
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/23/1974 (49)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow shirt, flowered bikini pants, a fourteen-inch gold herringbone chain necklace, a flat gold initial ring and a ring with a small diamond.
  • Medical Conditions Stacy suffers from migraine headaches and requires medication to control the pain. She did not have her prescription with her at the time of her disappearance.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Older model moss green Dodge van
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Stacy's hair is lightened from the sun at the ends. She has facial freckles. Stacy has an off-center cleft in her chin and birthmarks on her chin near her lip and on her right arm. Her ears are pierced. Stacy had a tanned complexion at the time of her 1992 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance

Stacy graduated from Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri on June 6, 1992. She met her friend, Suzanne Streeter, later in the evening. The girls planned to stay at a hotel in Branson, Missouri overnight, then visit White Water amusement park in the morning. Stacy phoned her mother during the evening and said that she and Suzanne decided to spend the night at a friend's home in Battlefield, Missouri instead.

Stacy and Suzanne left their friend's residence after the police were summoned due to a noise complaint. They decided to stay at Suzanne's home for the rest of the night. The girls drove their separate vehicles back to the residence, located in the 1700 block of East Delmar Street in Springfield.

Suzanne's mother, Sherrill Levitt, was home during the evening. The girls arrived at approximately 2:15 a.m. on June 7. Neither they nor Sherrill have been heard from again. Neighbors did not hear any suspicious activity near Sherrill's home during the overnight hours.

One of the girls' friends phoned and visited Sherrill's residence several times during the day in an attempt to locate the three women. Stacy's family members did not know she stayed at Suzanne's home overnight. She last spoke to her mother at approximately 10:30 p.m. on June 6 and said that she would be staying in Battlefield overnight. Stacy's parents alerted authorities about the disappearances during the evening of June 7.

All of the women's personal belongings were discovered inside the house; their vehicles were also parked at the home. Sherrill's bed appeared to have been slept in during the previous night. Her eyeglasses were beside her bed and a book had been turned over, indicating that Sherrill may have been interrupted while reading.

The family's Yorkshire Terrier, Cinnamon, was still inside the house and appeared to be anxious. All of Sherrill's personal belongings were untouched and the television was turned on. There was no sign of a struggle at the residence, but the porch light had been shattered. No additional physical evidence was discovered at the scene.

Authorities now believe that the broken glass from the porch light may have provided clues about the disappearances. A friend of the girls swept the shards into the garbage, unaware that he was discarding possible evidence at the time.

Investigators noted that Sherrill and Suzanne's cigarettes and lighters were still inside the house. The three women's purses were placed together on the stairs. The blinds in Suzanne's room were pulled apart, as if someone had been looking outside.

Authorities later admitted that the crime scene had possibly been tainted by the twenty or so loved ones who visited Sherrill's house after their disappearances were reported. No one realized the seriousness of the situation until nearly 24 hours had passed. Officers left a note on Sherrill's door, asking her to call the police department and cancel the missing persons' reports when she and the girls returned home.

An extensive search of the surrounding areas produced no clues as to the women's whereabouts. Robert Craig Cox, a convicted robber serving time on unrelated charges in a Texas prison, was identified as a possible suspect in the case. He had been convicted of murder in Florida, but his conviction was reversed.

Cox lived in Springfield at the time of the women's disappearances, and he had worked with Stacy's father at a local car dealership. He initially told investigators that he was not in the Springfield area on June 7, but later recanted his statement. Cox also told a journalist that he knew the women had been murdered and buried near Levitt's home, but he claimed that their remains would never be discovered.

Authorities are uncertain if Cox was involved in the case or if he is seeking attention by issuing false statements. Cox has never been charged in connection with the disappearances.

A witness reported observing a woman matching Suzanne's description driving an older model moss green Dodge van later during the day on June 7. The witness claimed that the woman appeared terrified as an unseen male voice told her "Don't do anything stupid." The witness did not contact investigators with her account until several days had passed.

Additional witnesses reported seeing the Dodge van in different areas of Springfield after the women's disappearances. A man told authorities that he saw the blonde female sitting in the driver's seat of a similar vehicle in the parking lot of a local grocery store. The individual said that he wrote the van's license plate number on a newspaper, as the vehicle seemed suspicious.

The man threw the paper away before contacting investigators. Law enforcement officials agreed to hypnotize the man, but he was only able to provide the plate's first three digits. Authorities have been unable to determine if a van was involved in the women's cases. A photo of a similar vehicle is posted below this case summary.

A server at George's Steakhouse, one of Sherrill's favorite Springfield restaurants, reported seeing the women in the establishment between 1:00 and 3:00 a.m. on June 7. The employee claimed that Sherrill, Suzanne and Stacy arrived and departed together. She said that Suzanne appeared to be intoxicated as the group left the restaurant and Sherrill was attempting to calm her down. Investigators have never confirmed the possible sighting and it is not clear if the women visited the eatery before their disappearances.

Other witnesses reported hearing a woman's screams and the squeal of tires in eastern Greene County, Missouri during the early hours of June 7. Officials searched the area, but no evidence related to the case was located.

A composite sketch of an unidentified transient man was released in the days after the disappearances. The individual was allegedly spotted near Sherrill and Suzanne's residence in early June 1992. Authorities do not know if the man was involved in the case. Sherrill's son and Suzanne's older brother, Bartt Streeter, and one of Suzanne's former boyfriends were ruled out as suspects in the case early in the investigation.

An anonymous caller phoned America's Most Wanted's hotline after the program profiled the women's case in late December 1992. The caller was disconnected before he could speak to Springfield investigators. Authorities believe that the person held vital information connected to the disappearances. Despite public pleas for assistance, the individual never contacted authorities again.

Several officials charged the former chief of police of impeding their investigation into the case in the late 1990s. Others dispute that contention and said that little evidence was available in the case from its onset.

One of the original investigators theorized that the women's assailant(s) took Cinnamon out of Sherrill's yard during the overnight hours of June 7 in an effort to gain access to the residence. The officer speculated that the attacker(s) knocked on the door, pretending to have rescued the dog after it wandered away from the home. The investigator theorized that one of the women may have opened the door to retrieve Cinnamon and was overpowered by the assailant(s).

Sherrill's background was investigated as other leads proved futile. She and Suzanne relocated to the Springfield area in 1980 from Seattle, Washington. Sherrill divorced her first husband, Brentt Streeter, shortly after Suzanne's birth. She told friends that Brentt believed they should divorce and continue living together. His plan would have allowed Sherrill to qualify for welfare assistance.

Sherrill decided to end the relationship instead. She moved into an apartment complex in Seattle and stayed home with Suzanne and Bartt for six months after Suzanne's birth. Sherrill received free rent while performing repair work around the complex.

Sherrill and Suzanne moved into their home on East Delmar Street in April 1992, two months before their disappearances. Sherrill's 1989 divorce from her second husband, Don Levitt, impacted her finances and she elected to relocate to the smaller residence with her daughter. Don's creditors began asking Sherrill to pay his debts after their divorce. She hired an attorney to locate him without success.

Sherrill was employed at New Attitudes Hair Salon on West Sunshine Street in Springfield in 1992. She had 250 clients at the time of her disappearance and was considered a model employee.

Sherrill's family members describe her as a private person who had a close relationship with Streeter in 1992. Their relatives had them both declared legally deceased in 1997, five years after their disappearances.

Stacy planned to attend Southwest Missouri State University in the fall of 1992. She was employed as a secretary/receptionist at Springfield Gymnastics at the time of her disappearance, and also modeled wedding gowns for The Total Bride in the Brentwood Center. Her family members describe her as conscientious about her appearance. She dated occasionally, but Stacy did not have a boyfriend at the time of her high school graduation.

A bench was dedicated to the women in Victims Memorial Garden in Springfield's Phelps Grove Park in 1997. Their cases remain unsolved.

Updated 10 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 6, 2020; two pictures added.