Stephanie Anne Warner
Warner, circa 2013; Warner's tattoos; Lennie Ames
- Missing Since 07/04/2013
- Missing From Ashland, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 43 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 115 - 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink tank top, black jeans, black lace-up boots, and black 27-inch cord necklace with a one-by-one-and-a-half-inch cross pendant made of bronze wire and nails.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Warner has multiple tattoos, including a tree branch with an owl on her ankle and foot, a woman's head on her thigh, a colorful bird and flowers on her thigh, and a mermaid. Photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary. Her ears, nose and navel are pierced and she has a red birthmark in the center of her back and a faded scar on her chin. She may wear eyeglasses. Warner's nickname is Steph.
Details of Disappearance
Warner was last seen on her way home from the Independence Day parade in Ashland, Oregon on July 4, 2013. She was driving a dark green 2004 Nissan Xterra. She was accompanied by her boyfriend, Lennie Ames. Ames stated Warner dropped him off at a convenience store after the parade, and this was the last time he saw her. She has never been heard from again.
According to Ames, on July 5 he went to Warner's house and borrowed her car, went to a market, then returned it, but never saw her. He then returned to his campsite and stayed there for several days, but did not report Warner missing. A photo of Ames is posted with this case summary. He is the prime suspect in Warner's disappearance, which is being investigated as a homicide; authorities she probably died the same day she was last seen.
It's uncharacteristic of Warner to leave without warning or to abandon her pets, who were left behind at her home. Investigators said Ames gave inconsistent statements about her case, and physical evidence indicated Warner was deceased. He has never been charged in her disappearance and now lives in Georgia. Warner's case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 26, 2021; casefile added.